Cellar Door Games
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
June 27, 2013
Rogue Legacy is a genealogical rogue-"LITE" where anyone can be a hero. Each time you die, your child will succeed you. Every child is unique. One child might be colorblind, another might have vertigo-- they could even be a dwarf. That's OK, because no one is perfect, and you don't have to be perfect to win this game. But you do have to be pretty darn good because this game is HARD. Fortunately, every time you die all the gold you've collected can be used to upgrade you manor, giving your next child a step up in life and another chance at vanquishing evil.
- A rogue-"lite" game for PC, Mac and Linux.
- You will die, but your children will avenge you. They might be genetically deficient, but that's ok. You still love your colour-blind baby. Or do you?
- A procedurally generated castle. Every playthrough is different.
- Over 8 classes to choose from. Each class has unique abilities which change the way you play the game.
- Every time you play you get a little stronger. Never back to square 1.
- Find tons of loot and deck your dood OUT.
- Massive Skill tree? What? Yup.
- New game+? Zup? Yup.
- Equip runes and customize your character however you want. Wanna fly? GO FOR IT!
- Got a controller? Play with a controller.
- Fart Jokes. Or not... Depends on how much you hate children with I.B.S.
Rogue Legacy Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade 2013 - Official Awards Finalist"
- "IGN Best of 2013 Nominee - PC "
- "IndieDB - Editor's Choice: Best Singleplayer"
- "IndieDB - Editor's Choice: Best Overall Game"
- "SBGames 2013 - Best Game"
- "SBGames 2013 - Best Game Design"
- "PAX Prime 2013 - Official PAX 10 Selection"
- "PAX Prime 2013 - BigSushi.fm Golden Sushi of Sophistication"
- "..a hugely compelling mix of 2D action-platforming and Roguelike game design."
- Cam Shea, IGN
- "Rogue Legacy rewarded my patience and tenacity; that's a lesson any developer can take from its twisted family tree."
- Philip Kollar, Polygon
- "This is a game that won't just eat up your time, but it will devour it."
- Patrick Hancock, Destructoid
- "... an immensely rewarding action game that strikes a terrific balance between permadeath and progress."
- Britton Peele, GameSpot
Request Press Copy
Request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Cellar Door Games
Cellar Door Games was founded by Kenny and Teddy Lee in 2009. Based in Toronto, Ontario the two brothers have been making games together forever. Sometimes they get lucky and make a semi-popular game like Rogue Legacy. Other times, it's just a purple dude shitting himself.
More information on Cellar Door Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rogue Legacy Credits
Musician, Sound Designer, Freelancer