Cellar Door Games
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
August 18, 2020
|USD - Early Access Launch||$19.99|
|USD - Mid-Early Access||$24.99|
|USD - Full Version Launch||$29.99|
Rogue Legacy is back! But now it's got a 2 in front of it! Rogue Legacy 2 is a genealogical rogue-LITE. That means it has all the trappings of a typical rogue-like (randomized runs, changing characters, and more), but with persistent upgrades, and persistent dead heirs. In this game, your legacy defines you. Spend your parents’ inheritance and grow the family manor to give your children a better fighting change. Each child is unique, with their own traits and abilities. Your daughter could be an archer. She could also be a Vegan. Rogue Legacy 2 also lets you play how you want to. Go hard and fast, and you can dive deeper into the depths of a randomly-generated world. Or take it slow and steady, and build your character up until you’re ready for greater challenges.
- Brand New Style: We’re taking a whole new artistic approach to Rogue Legacy 2. The sequel features 2.5D stylings, with 3D characters against hand-drawn backdrops. The art uses heavy shading and all animations are done using stepping techniques to keep the familiar RL look and feel.
- Unique Weapons: On top of new abilities, classes now have weapons that completely alter how they play. Rangers use bows, Lancers have multi-directional swings, and Chefs throws ladles.
- Revamped Biome Generation: We went all-out with biome generation to make each area in RL2 feel completely new. Each biome adopts different “build strategies” to create completely unique yet-still-randomly-generated regions.
- True Metroidvania: To really push the metroidvania flair, RL2 introduces heirlooms: special items that permanently give your heroes new abilities that fully reveal the world’s secrets. These are not basic lock-in-key abilities, but powers that fundamentally change how you play. And heirlooms are not simply handed to you. You must prove your worth, provided you can find them.
- Traits 2.0: Through the powers of Socialism we’re bringing in the Universal Healthcare System, which adds a gold gain modifier to some traits. The more debilitating the trait is (in-game), the bigger the reward. This makes choosing your heirs a meaningful decision every time.
- Improved Accessibility: RL1 was always designed for accessibility, by catering to both the hardcore players through skilled gameplay, and the more casual with a detailed level up system. However, in some cases progression could still hit a wall, so we’ve introduced new mechanics such as Off-shore Banking to give struggling players more ways to succeed.
- More of everything: Of course we’re also adding more of everything people loved from the original Rogue Legacy. More traits, more spells, more classes, more biomes, more enemies, more equipment, more rooms, more story. Just more everything.
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Cellar Door Games
Cellar Door Games was founded by Kenny and Teddy Lee in 2009. Based in Toronto, Ontario the two brothers have been making games together forever. Sometimes they get lucky and make a semi-popular game like Rogue Legacy. Other times, it's just a purple dude shitting himself.
More information on Cellar Door Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rogue Legacy 2 Credits
Game Designer, Co-Founder
Level Art Designer
Joey Van Alten